Friday, December 12, 2008

long sigh, it's been that kind of day.

Nothing accomplished, well, did manage to start the story and named the captain but still have a lot of background stuff to decide, like vessel names and crew names and really, should at least try to do an outline. I prefer to write spontaneously, not from an outline, but an outline helps you stay focused in one direction and not be all over the place. When I do an outline, I always seem to get taken someplace else by the characters anyway. The best part is not knowing the ending. You have worked yourself up to the climax but have no idea what its going to be and then - voila- out of nowhere come some remarkable ideas and an ending, the words just spit out of you like a machine gun. It is so cool. Did some grocery shopping but it's a regular work day so I'm off to work at 3pm. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I must go to the gym and hopefully I shall have a few pages of story to post. I will try for pictures too.

No comments: