Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I was a good girl today, got my bloodwork done and got gas, 1.65 a gallon at Chevron - yay! The lab tech was the guy I'm not fond of. He always seems to have to stab me twice so I leave with bandages on both arms. Also, when he takes it, I inevitably bruise. Grrr. The weather was lovely, 82 when I left for work at 2:30 and 71 when I came home at 7pm. Cold enough for a light jacket, but I could manage if I had to. I signed up for some extra hours this week, 4 hrs each on my three days off. I think I can manage that with my new medication. It sure would help financially. Thursday morning I have my first meeting with my personal trainer. Shit, I am scared. I guess I just have to wait and see. I just want a healthier heart. If I have to exercise to get it, that's ok, but I am not anxious to be sweating. There is so much I can't do, I hope he will understand. It's not like I'm 20 again. My knees are arthritic and I get gout all the time. My ankles seem to be forever swollen. Laugh, go ahead- gout! But let me tell you, it hurts like a son of a bitch. I mostly get it from poor hydration. I don't seem to drink enough water. Getting old is a bitch! I've kept the phone off the hook since that night my son called. I suppose I should check my voice mail. It's depressing, but I guess I have to do it. Nothing but my son whining and begging and threatening or bill collectors. If it's too depressing, I'll just have to have some wonderful smutty thoughts about Capt. Phil. He could take my mind off anything. I know, I'm married, but I can still have smutty thoughts :)

No comments: